Documentation for wedding and marriage ceremony must be sent at least 4 weeks prior to the wedding day and includes:
1. Photocopy of birth certificate (original to be presented prior to the wedding day)
2. Photocopy of valid passport (original to be presented prior to the wedding day)
3. Details of the names, addresses and occupations of the couple to be married
4. Details of parents’ names, occupations and addresses
5. An affidavit confirming marital status of bride and groom prior to the wedding. Should be signed by a Solicitor with company stamp.
6. If either party to the marriage is divorced, a Decree Absolute proving the lawful termination of the previous marriage must be presented prior to the wedding ceremony
7. If widowed, Death Certificate of former spouse of the previous marriage
8. If names have been changed prior to the wedding, legal proof of change of name
What to wear? Choice is yours, but traditional Western wedding dresses are discouraged because of the hot climate in Sri Lanka. Western type weddings dresses are recommended in hill country locations. We suggest light silk dress. Saris can be bought in Sri Lanka. If you bring your own material you can get it tailor made by a local dress maker. Guest’s attire Full suite or Smart Casual.
The Galle Face Hotel, established in 1864, quickly won prestige as one of Asia's finest hotels. It possesses an unrivalled location in the capital, Colombo, on the edge of the Indian Ocean, at the foot of Galle Face.
Sprawled over 27 acres of lush forested land, Cinnamon Lodge Habarana, is an exclusive little hideaway for the entire family. Rooting over 1700 trees, time stands still enabling guests to experience serenity and tranquility while walking along the paths.
Located on a prized expanse of sandy beach in Ahungalle 76 Km from Sri Lanka's capital Colombo, the Heritance Ahungalle was Sri Lanka’s first ever 5 star beach resort.
Surrounded by the mystique ancient kingdom of Kandy, Sri Lanka's longest river & the wondrous mountain ranges, stands the palatial Mahaweli Reach Hotel. Mysteriously hidden behind the lush green tropical gardens on the plush banks of the Mahaweli river.
Welcome to a place where senses are delighted and desires indulged. A place of colours, sounds and unexpected pleasures.
Overlooking the tranquil Beira Lake, Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo is the epitome of indulgence and elegance.
Located on a beautiful rocky promontory on the southern coast of Sri Lanka, Saman Villas is the perfect escape to rejuvenate your senses.