Valid for arrivals from 26th October 2021 / Updated on 14th December 2021
- Applies to International Tourists visiting Sri Lanka under tourist visa. No prior approval required from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Civil Aviation Authority.
There is no minimum duration of stay in Sri Lanka.
Travellers who have completed 14 days after the recommended doses of COVID-19 vaccination and arriving with a negative COVID-19 PCR test report obtained within 72
hours of embarkation will be considered as fully vaccinated travellers. Any vaccination type accepted by the country of origin will be accepted.
Children of 12-18 years, if depart two weeks after obtaining at least a single dose of Pfizer Vaccine, will be considered as Fully Vaccinated
- Prior to boarding, travellers are required to:
i. Have a valid tourist visa. All visas must be applied online. Visit www.eta.gov.lk.
ii. Have done a negative PCR test within 72 hours prior to embarkation (All travellers excluding children below 12 years).
• Visit www.visitsrilanka.gov.lk to pay for COVID 19 Local Insurance Cover which will be MANDATORY From 1st January 2022.
• Till 31st December 2021, fully vaccinated travellers are EXEMPTED from obtaining the mandatory COVID-19 Local Insurance cover. However, travellers should ensure
that they have a comprehensive travel insurance that will cover health and other expenses related to COVID-19 should there be a need as Government of Sri Lanka will
not bear any costs resulting.
• Till 31st December 2021, fully vaccinated travellers if accompanied by not-vaccinated/not-fully vaccinated children, (all age groups) ensure that the comprehensive travel
insurance is extended to cover the children adequately as the Government of Sri Lanka will not bear any costs resulting.
• Fully vaccinated travellers if accompanied by not-vaccinated/not-fully vaccinated children of 12-18 years, pay for on-arrival PCR test at USD 40 per test. Travelers can pay
for PCR test at the Ministry of Health approved laboratory established at Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) or any other MOH approved laboratory. Also, travellers
can visit www.visitsrilanka.gov.lk to pay in advance.
- At the airport produce the following:
i. Negative COVID-19 PCR report (English) taken within 72 hours prior to embarkation (All travellers excluding children below 12 years).
ii. Original vaccination certificate / card (together with a certified copy of English language translation if the certificate / card is not in English or if relevant data are not
indicated in English).
iii. Completed Health Declaration Form. A separate form should be submitted for each of the accompanying children (if any). With effect from 2022.01.01, all travellers
arriving in Sri Lanka via airports shall mandatorily fill the Online Health Declaration Form individually and upload the relevant documents (Vaccination record, Predeparture
COVID- 19 negative test report, Data page of the Passport etc.) prior to boarding. They should arrive with the QR code (in mobile phone/ hard copy) issued to them
- On-arrival PCR tests
i. No on-arrival PCR test for “Fully Vaccinated” travellers.
ii. Not-vaccinated Children:
• No on-arrival PCR test for Not-vaccinated children up to 12 years and they will be allowed to travel with their parents.
• Not-vaccinated children of 12 -18 years need to undergo on-arrival PCR testing at the Ministry of Health approved laboratory at BIA or at any other MOH approved
laboratory and inform the result to the area MOH. If the Day 1 PCR test report is negative, they will be allowed to travel with their parents.
iii. No 2nd PCR for fully vaccinated travellers
- Accommodation & Airport transfers
Fully vaccinated travellers are allowed to make their own arrangements for accommodation, airport transfers and local transportation. However, advised to use safe and
secure certified accommodations and travel agents to ensure their health and safety. (If fully vaccinated travellers are using “Safe & Secure Certified” L1 hotels / travel agents,
airport transfers to be arranged by either the respective “Safe & Secure Certified” L1 hotel or travel agent)