04 Nights / 05 Days Ceylon Cultural Trail
Polonnaruwa Royal Palace | Gal Viharaya | Sigiriya | Dambulla Rock Temples | Aluvihare Cave Temples | Temple of the Tooth | Royal Botanical Gardens | Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage | Kandy City Tour
Day 01: Airport – Dambulla or Habarana
Travel Time: Approx 3.5 hours
- First off, welcome to Sri Lanka.
- On arrival at the airport, you will be met by our National Tour Guide who will heartily greet you and transfer you from the Airport directly to Dambulla (Standard Program) or Habarana (Deluxe Program).
- Dambulla is mostly famous for the rock temple consisting of five cave temples constructed in the 1st Century BC. Dambulla is home to many lakes and reservoirs built by the kings of ancient times. Apart from the historic sites in Dambulla and Habarana, be prepared to witness breathtakingly beautiful landscape and fertile habitat.
- You can enjoy the evening at the hotel. Overnight stay and dinner will be at the hotel in Dambulla or Habarana.
Day 02 – Dambulla or Habarana – Polonnaruwa – Sigiriya
Travel Time: Approx 1 hour
- After a healthy breakfast at the hotel, we will move to Polonnaruwa, the second medieval capital of Sri Lanka. Built during the 11th and 12th Centuries AD, it is one of the best preserved cities in Sri Lanka. interesting sites to visit are the Royal Palace, the spectacular Gal Viharaya complex where wonderful statues of Lord Buddha in different postures can be seen.
- After lunch, and a break to rejuvenate you, we will move on to visit Sigiriya, one of Sri Lanka’s biggest attractions. Sigiriya, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is a spectacular rock fortress built by King Kashyapa. Be entranced by the Water Gardens, the Sigiri Frescoes, the Mirror Wall of ancient grafitti, the Lion platform and the main Summit on top of the rock.
- After visiting Sigiriya, you will return back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 03 – Dambulla or Habarana – Kandy
Travel Time: Approx 2 hours
- After breakfast, we travel to the town of Kandy, after visiting the aforementioned, Dambulla rock temples and the Aluvihare cave temples.
- Dambulla rock temples consists of five cave temples constructed in the 1st Century BC. Today the temple is a World Heritage Site which contains many statues and paintings dating back to the 12th century and some of the latest ones of the 18th Century.
- Aluvihare is renowned as the place where the teachings of the Buddha, the Tripitaka were first transcribed on to manuscript in the 2nd Century BC.
- Thereafter, we proceed to Kandy, renowned for the Temple of the Tooth and the Royal Botanical Gardens. We will engage in a city tour in Kandy, and enjoy a cultural show.
- Thereafter, we visit the famous Temple of the tooth or popularly known as the “Dalada Maligawa”. After visiting the Temple of the Tooth, you will return back to a hotel for dinner and overnight stay in Kandy.
Day 04 – Kandy – Royal Botanical Gardens – Pinnawela – Kandy
Travel Time: Approx 30 minutes
- After breakfast at the hotel, you will be taken to visit the beautiful Royal Botanical Gardens. Believed to be one of the most beautiful gardens in South Asia; every variety of tropical and temperate tree and flower is cultivated here. Special features are the Orchid House, the fernery, spice garden, and the trees planted by distinguished visitors to the Island.
- Once you have taken in the beauty of the gardens, you will visit the Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage. The Elephant Orphanage is a major tourist attraction where you will see herds of abandoned elephants taken care off with tender love and protection. After spending some memorable time with the elephants, you will return to Kandy and indulge in a city tour and visit a popular gem mining factory and a popular marketplace to get the feel of real Sri Lanka.
- Thereafter, you will return back to the hotel for dinner and prepare for departure the next morning.
Day 05 – Kandy – Departure
Travel Time: Approx 3 hours
- You will leave Kandy after breakfast en route to the airport, soaking up the memories and experiences of the last 4 days in our paradise island. Your memorable journey with Ceylon Roots comes to an end. (Of course, you are welcome to extend your stay, to maybe visit the beaches in Sri Lanka or any other program you may enjoy. Just let us know in advance.)
- We bid you farewell at the airport and wish you a safe flight back home, hoping you would come back again and visit the parts of Sri Lanka that you haven’t experienced yet.
The price is available upon request. Rates vary depending on the time of the year and the number of people travelling. Do not hesitate to inquire about this Itinerary if you are interested via email to email@example.com or by clicking the Inquiry button. Let us know when you would like to travel and how many rooms you need in each hotel. We will send you a customized itinerary with detailed day to day descriptions, lots of tips and ideas to make the most of your travel, and a competitive price for the trip.
The above tour cost includes:
- Accommodation on full board basis starting with lunch on day 01 and ending with breakfast on day 05. (Total of 04 nights)
- Transport in air-condition vehicle along with an English speaking driver guide.
- Entrance fees as per the program.
- All applicable entrance fees and porterage.
- Welcome drink & refreshing towels at all hotels.
- Farewell gift with company logo on departure
- Tickets for Cultural show in Kandy
- 12 % V.A.T.
Cost does not include
- Tips of personal nature
- Drinks & additional meals
- Compulsory supplements at all hotels
- Visa fees
I. Rates & Validity
All rates quoted are in US Dollars (US$) and are non-commissionable. The rates in this document are subject to change/revision based on any increase / decrease in the hotels’/suppliers’ rates or the taxes imposed by the government.
All Colombo Hotels rates are quoted on the current minimum rates and in case if there is an increase of rates, cause it is regulated by the Government, we will update closer to date to all concerned
The above mentioned hotels will only be confirmed on availability at the time of bookings. If otherwise suitable alternatives will be suggested prior to confirmation.
The consumption of alcohol during “Poya Days” at bars, clubs and other public areas of the hotel and operation of similar forms of entertainment establishments is prohibited by law in Sri Lanka. It is recommended that clients contact the Reception to obtain their respective formalities during their holiday.
Kindly note that check in time to all hotels will be at 1400 hrs and check out is at 1200.
Management will not be responsible for any belongings that are lost or stolen or damaged during the tour.
All transfer times mentioned above are subject to variations depending on traffic flow and road conditions.
I. Rates & Validity
- Cancellations within 01 to 06 days of the arrival date – 100% of the value of the booking
- Cancellations within 7 to 13 days of the arrival date – 50% of the value of the booking
- Cancellations within 14 to 28 days of the arrival date – 25% of the value of the booking
- Cancellations beyond 28 days of the arrival date – to be decided by the hotel on case-by-case basis