Temple of the Tooth | Royal Botanical Gardens | Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage | Kandy City Tour Nuwara Eliya | Trek to Horton Plains | World's End | Train to Nanu Oya | Bandarawela | Ashisham Bungalow | White Water Rafting
Day 01 - Airport - Kandy
Day 02 - Kandy - Pinnawela - Kandy
Day 03 - Kandy - Nuwara Eliya
Day 04 - Nuwara Eliya - Horton Plains - Nuwara Eliya
Day 05 - Nanu Oya By Train - Adhishmam Bungalow
Day 06 - Bandarawela - Kitulgala - Colombo or Uswetakeiyawa
Day 07 - Colombo or Uswetakeiyawa - Departure
Day 01 - Airport - Kandy
Travel Time: Approx 3 hours
First off, welcome to Sri Lanka.
On arrival at the airport, you will be met by our National Tour Guide who will heartily greet you and transfer you from the Airport directly to Kandy.
Kandy is well renowned for the Temple of the Tooth and the Royal Botanical Gardens. Encircled by hills, with a tranquil lake in the center, Kandy is a city with a cool climate. It is a cultural sanctuary where many legends, traditions and folklore are still kept alive, Kandy and its satellite villages are the centre of the islands handicraft industry, exquisite silver or gold jewellery and precious gems of many varieties including the world’s best blue and star sapphires.
In Kandy, we will first check in to the hotel and unwind. You can relax by the poolside or opt for any activity you prefer engaging in. After dinner you will rest well and prepare for the beginning of your Sri Lankan adventure.
Travel Time: Approx 45 minutes
After breakfast at the hotel, you will visit the Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage. The Elephant Orphanage is a major tourist attraction where you will see herds of abandoned elephants taken care off with tender love and protection. This 24 acres large orphanage is also a breeding place for elephants, more than twenty elephants were born since 1984, and it has the greatest herd of elephants in captivity in the world.
After spending some memorable time with the elephants, you will return to Kandy and indulge in a city tour and visit a popular gem mining factory and a popular marketplace to get the feel of real Sri Lanka. Thereafter we will engage in a Cultural Show and later visit the famous Temple of the tooth which is also popularly known as the “Dalada Maligawa”.
Afterwards, you will return back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay in Kandy.
Travel Time: Approx 2 hours
You will leave Kandy after breakfast en route to Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka's premier hill resort with a brilliantly refreshing mountain climate. Nuwara Eliya is also the heart of Sri Lanka's tea country, producing some of the world's best tea. Mountain slopes and valleys are carpeted with lush green tea plantations, combined with gushing streams and tumbling waterfalls making it a mountain paradise. An 18-hole golf course and a race course add to the scenic beauty.
You will spend your day in Nuwara Eliya visiting places of interest and taking a walk in the picturesque city. Thereafter, you will return back to the hotel for dinner a good night's sleep.
Travel Time: Approx 1 hour (One way to the entrance)
After a hearty breakfast to fuel yourself up, we embark on a more physically challenging adventure - a trek to the picturesque Horton Plains. The trek lasts approximately 3 hours.
Horton Plains is Sri Lanka's highest plateau - 7,200 feet above sea level in the central mountain country. It is an extremely scenic region with interesting wildlife, astounding mountains, grassy valleys, streams and marshes. You can visit the 'World's End' where the plateau plunges a thousand feet in a straight sheer drop or relax by a picturesque waterfall.
After trekking and exploring Horton Plains, we return back to the hotel for some well earned relaxation. You can enjoy the hill countryside with a walk around peaceful Nuwara Eliya in the evening and visiting places of interest. Thereafter, you will return back to the hotel for dinner and a good night's sleep.
Travel Time: Approx 1 hour
After breakfast you will check out from the hotel and be transferred to Nanu Oya railway station for a short train journey to Bandarawela.
Bandarawela is a peaceful hill country town with a colonial flavor. This can be seen in the many old buildings which comprise the city. You will check in at the Bandarawela Hotel and enjoy the cool climate. We will visit the Adhisham Bungalow in Haputale, which is an old Benedictine monastery built in the shape of a small castle. It's architecture is beautiful and is a sight to see. You can also purchase fresh fruit jams / preservatives and juices prepared by the monks from the fruit grown in their gardens.
We go back to Bandarawela Hotel to spend the evening and dinner.
Travel Time: Approx 2.5 hours
You will leave Bandarawela after breakfast at the hotel and proceed to Colombo or Uswetakeiyawa, a hotel close to the Airport, via visiting Kitulgala on the way.
Previously known for being the location for the film 'Bridge On The River Kwai', Kitulgala is fast gaining popularity for the thrilling white water rafting.White water rafting on the Kelani river from Kitulgala is one of the most exciting and accessible activities Sri Lanka has to offer. The area and the scenery around Kitulgala is stunning, tucked away in the midst of ravines in the picturesque hill country.
Thereafter we will transfer you to Colombo (Deluxe Program) OR to a hotel close to the Airport in Uswetakeiyawa (Standard Programme).
Dinner and overnight stay in the program location you choose.
Travel Time: Approx 3 hours
Breakfast and checkout from the hotel on time before you leave to the airport in time for departure, soaking up the memories and experiences of the last 4 days in our paradise island. Your memorable journey with Ceylon Roots comes to an end. (Of course, you are welcome to extend your stay, to maybe visit the beaches in Sri Lanka or any other program you may enjoy. Just let us know in advance.)
We bid you farewell at the airport and wish you a safe flight back home, hoping you would come back again and visit the parts of Sri Lanka that you haven't experienced yet.
The price is available upon request. Rates vary depending on the time of the year and the number of people travelling. Do not hesitate to inquire about this Itinerary if you are interested via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the Inquiry button. Let us know when you would like to travel and how many rooms you need in each hotel. We will send you a customized itinerary with detailed day to day descriptions, lots of tips and ideas to make the most of your travel, and a competitive price for the trip.
• Accommodation on full board basis starting with lunch on day 01 and ending with breakfast on day 07. (Total of 06 nights)
• Transport in air-condition vehicle along with an English speaking driver guide.
• Entrance fees as per the programme.
• All applicable entrance fees and porterage.
• Welcome drink & refreshing towels at all hotels.
• Farewell gift with company logo on departure
• Tickets for Cultural show in Kandy
• 12 % V.A.T.
• Tips of personal nature
• Drinks & additional meals
• Compulsory supplements at all hotels
• Visa fees
I. Rates & Validity
• All rates quoted are in US Dollars (US$) and are non-commissionable. The rates in this document are subject to change/revision based on any increase / decrease in the hotels’/suppliers’ rates or the taxes imposed by the government.
• All Colombo Hotels rates are quoted on the current minimum rates and in case if there is an increase of rates, cause it is regulated by the Government, we will update closer to date to all concerned
• The above mentioned hotels will only be confirmed on availability at the time of bookings. If otherwise suitable alternatives will be suggested prior to confirmation.
• The consumption of alcohol during “Poya Days” at bars, clubs and other public areas of the hotel and operation of similar forms of entertainment establishments is prohibited by law in Sri Lanka. It is recommended that clients contact the Reception to obtain their respective formalities during their holiday.
• Kindly note that check in time to all hotels will be at 1400 hrs and check out is at 1200.
• Management will not be responsible for any belongings that are lost or stolen or damaged during the tour.
• All transfer times mentioned above are subject to variations depending on traffic flow and road conditions.
• Cancellations within 01 to 06 days of the arrival date – 100% of the value of the booking
• Cancellations within 7 to 13 days of the arrival date – 50% of the value of the booking
• Cancellations within 14 to 28 days of the arrival date – 25% of the value of the booking
• Cancellations beyond 28 days of the arrival date – to be decided by the hotel on case-by-case basis